Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tarnishes on silver! SOS!

Ever encounter tarnishes on your silver wares and you totally have no idea how to remove it?

Few weeks back I was so annoyed when I saw my piece of silver jewellery plus it was a gift from my friends for my 21st birthday! I am not quite sure how it got tarnished but I suspected someone accidentally dirtied it with some liquid. But again tarnishes could be a result of many things so I was not really sure too.

Eekie tarnishes which made me so sad, stains of brown and bronzy thingy on the surface ):

I happened to remember the Japanese variety show I watched on TV weeks back on how they manage to "revive" the shiny surface of the silver.

Materials:
Bowl (Actually a small one will do, mine was too big)
Aluminium foil
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp Bicarbonate soda
Hot water

Boil some water and pour into the bowl with the mixtures and dissolve the salt and bicarbonate soda before immersing the silver wares.

In less than one minute, TADA! I was happy that the ugly tarnishes were removed! RELIEVED! (Dry the silver and thats it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment