Saturday, April 2, 2011

C.A.R.E

Since it's E-learning day yesterday, I didn't have lessons. But there was a seminar thingy on CAREvolution.

Anyway the main take away for me, which I thought is going to be very useful is "power notes". What is this exactly? To my own definition, its little notes (doesn't matter what paper it is) and written with compliments or praises or even encouragement for some one or some little notes you want to give to people.

This might be an exceptionally good and rather 'cheap' thing to give to our students. These priceless things comes with a price - sounds ironic. But probably praises and compliments from you are free but they meant so much to anyone else.

These messages are so effective, be it to your students or friends or colleagues, male or female, I'm rather sure these little notes mean so much more than a sweet given to them as a prize or what so ever.

In the seminar, everyone wrote notes (at least 3) and gave it to our colleagues and friends. I gave it to my CT as well as most of the NIE trainees. Words of encouragement, love, etccc. But of all, I really felt I was 'something' after reading my CT's power note to me, when I was feeling down and lousy after a whole hectic week. It made my day, all the power notes and the encouraging words.

What do you think about these notes?

No comments:

Post a Comment