Sunday, November 21, 2010

On the menu; Halloween!

3 weeks ago, it was Halloween (although this post should be posted long ago and I've totally forgotten about it).

What comes to your mind when you think of Halloween? Is is trick or treat, costumes or pumpkin? When it comes to Halloween, I think of the fancy to scary looking carved pumpkins! Yes, today's post is about pumpkin!

To start of, I know this is rather irrelevant, but its Super Junior's Sung Min in a pumpkin suit! While I was thinking of more pictures to post, I randomly thought of this because the suit is just too adorable! (haha)

And, another one before the main "dish" of the post (: Cute isn't he?

It was one week after the Halloween, and I went to Giant (for grocery shopping), the one located at Tampines which I used to frequent because its on the way when I'm heading back from school (TP). At the chilled vegetables (and fruits) section, I saw giant pieces of pumpkin which I suppose was "left over" from Halloween (which always I realise after Halloween, there's plenty of pumpkins on the racks). And just look at the picture, how thick is that (as compared to my fat fingers- HAH)?! Like, can you imagine how big is the whole pumpkin? I cannot imgaine, must be enormous!

The same piece, SO HUGE, and it cost $6 plus, imagine how much will the whole pumpkin cost?! And I picture at least the whole pumpkin can cut up into 10 pieces to have this piece landing on my hand.

Personally, I like pumpkin (alot!) and to think of it, what are the health benefits of pumpkin? Its high in potassium, magnesium and iron, AND!!! Its LOADED with beta-carotene which is an important anti-oxidant that helps us fight the free radicals! (Good for some one who does not like carrots - ME)

On top of that, PUMPKIN SEEDS! I've googled for its benefits, as it is used to treat gallbladder and kidney problems (but I'm not sure of how credible is the source, so its up to you to believe or not) But I am sure that its a health food as it is high in protein, magnesium, potassium, zinc, copper and essential fatty acids. (:

How would you like your pumpkin to be cooked?

No comments:

Post a Comment