Thursday, November 25, 2010

WE LOVE CUPCAKES!

At the beginning of the month, I've completed my Group Endeavours in Service Learning (GESL). It is held at St Anthony's Primary School, it was a 2 days event and there were a whole line of activities planned for the Primary school kids. I was tasked for a section of the GESL activity which is cup cake decorating! I always loved baking so I agreed to it, but behind every event like this, prepararion is the most important! There were about 20 odd participants so I had to bake around 50 cupcakes! I made more than 50 cupcakes using a sponge recipe, the cupcake was butter milk sponge and I added chocolate chips. I also prepared butter cream in piping bags, sprinklers, stencils and cocoa power for stenciling.

My demo sample cupcake when I was teaching the kids to pipe butter cream onto the cupcakes. They were taught how to decorate using butter cream and topping it with sprinklers or using cocoa powder to stencil! I hope they had fun! (:

The kids of St Anthony's Primary School decorating cupcakes! Looks serious?

Sarah, looking so satisfied with her cupcake. (:

Happy with his cupcake? Read the facial expressions!

Kids at work, stenciling, piping and topping the cupcakes!

Even my group members had fun! (:

Happy kids! I am happy too! (:

Me and my group mate, Sakinah (:

Even young primary school kids love the process of making cupcakes! I am happy to see them enjoying (: CHEERS (:

No comments:

Post a Comment